If you have a website then you definitely are hungry for traffic! You look to reach out to more and more people and hence, want to see a steady escalation in traffic to your website. The most trusted way to do so is ensure that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of your website is strong, so that when a person looks for keywords related to your site, you rank in top pages.
- Good content: Web is all about great content and hence, first thing that you need to do is produce excellent content. If people won’t find your site interesting and your content relevant and informative, then they aren’t going to stick around much. When user doesn’t like a website, search engine dumbs it, too.
- Unique Content: Make sure all that you write is unique and isn’t already available on the web. The information provided must vary. Agreed there would numerous sites talking about same thing, but don’t do a bad job of copy paste. Add more value to it.
- Update your content: Make sure you keep adding new content to your website. Search engines give priority to those websites which are updated and provide fresh content. If any of your content demands regular updating, as per your industry, so that your readers are never disappointed.
- Correct keyword phrase: When you are new you should be smart and not day dream. Research and pick up the correct keyword phrase. Write pages based on these phrases, in fact dedicated a whole page to them if the need to so that you can put up all the relevant content on it asap.
Further to our last blog where discussed about 4 important parameters to create a strong SEO –based website, following are some more essential tips on having a correct and SEO optimised website to ensure you drive immense traffic to your web presence:
- Choose wisely: Choose your phrase smartly. Make sure you pick the right key phrase which is popular amongst the audience that you want to target, but it should not be so popular that it has high competition and 100s others are already fighting to be on top with it.
- Meta optimisation: Optimise your meta tag, title and description. Yes it is very important to have your keywords stuffed in these aspects, especially in their beginning so that search engines can crawl the pages for their relevancy easily and can bring these pages on top. Remember, for search engine to index your page correctly you need optimised Meta.
- Domain: If you can get a domain with your keyword or phrase in it, bingo! It is the fastest way to climb the rankings on search engines. So go hunt for variations of your keywords.
- Make keyword optimised URLs: URL s are another aspect which are in our control and hence, one must ensure all the URLs have right keyword in them, so that on search engine- meta title, description along with optimised url are surfaced, increasing your chances of having more traffic.
- Keyword phrase Usage: Make sure you have enough repetition across your website and web pages of relevant key phrase. But don’t go overboard, too much key word stuffing might ban you from search engines as it would look like black hat SEO.